9+ Newest Poems For Kids in English Collection

9+ Newest Poems For Kids in English Collection

One Warm, Sunny Day

A Nonsense Poem for Kids

One warm, sunny day
on a cold, snowy night,
the inky-black darkness
was sunny and bright.
The evening that morning–
that midnight at noon–
was late in December,
one April in June.
I stood where I sat
as I ran, lying still,
deep down in a valley
on top of a hill.
The people beside me
were nowhere around.
The birds in the sky were
all deep underground.
The fish in the tree
were asleep in their nest,
and watched the sun set
as it rose in the west.
Yes, that’s what I saw
when my eyes were closed tight,
one warm, sunny day
on a cold, snowy night.

My Mirror Likes to Argue

My mirror likes to argue.
He likes to fight and feud.
He often disagrees with me.
He’s regularly rude.

He’s fond of making faces.
He loves to sneer and scowl.
And, if I scream and shout at him,
he’ll holler, hoot, and howl.

I wish I’d never met him.
I wish he’d go away.
I wish I didn’t chance upon him
several times a day.

I think perhaps the next time
he starts to disagree,
I’ll smile at him to see if maybe
he’ll be nice to me.

My Ugly Pug


My ugly pug’s a snuggly pug.
He likes to snuggle on the rug.
He such a huggy cuddle-bug.
He snuggles all day long.

But though my pug’s a cuddle-bug
who likes to nuzzle up and hug,
my pug is still an ugly pug.
His yucky mug is wrong.

My Dog’s Name Is “Cat”

My dog’s name is “Cat”
and my cat’s name is “Dog.”
My frog’s name is “Mouse”
and my mouse is called “Frog.”

My bird’s name is “Fish”
and my fish is called “Bird.”
I know that you probably
think that’s absurd.

It’s just a tradition
my family has had.
My dad’s name is “Mom”
and my mom’s name is “Dad.”

Homework, I Love You

Homework, I love you. I think that you’re great.
It’s wonderful fun when you keep me up late.
I think you’re the best when I’m totally stressed,
preparing and cramming all night for a test.

Homework, I love you. What more can I say?
I love to do hundreds of problems each day.
You boggle my mind and you make me go blind,
but still I’m ecstatic that you were assigned.

Homework, I love you. I tell you, it’s true.
There’s nothing more fun or exciting to do.
You’re never a chore, for it’s you I adore.
I wish that our teacher would hand you out more.

Homework, I love you. You thrill me inside.
I’m filled with emotions. I’m fit to be tied.
I cannot complain when you frazzle my brain.
Of course, that’s because I’m completely insane

My Brother Just Eats Candy

My brother just eats candy
and my sister just eats cakes.
The only thing my mother likes
are double-chocolate shakes.

My dad devours danishes
and donuts by the dozen.
My aunt and uncle live on pie
exactly like my cousin.

My grandpa and my grandma
just drink soda pop and punch.
My nephew and my niece
eat cookies every day for lunch.

And me, I’ll dine on any kind
of sugar-covered treat.
My family isn’t healthy, but
we sure are awfully sweet.

I Like Myself the Way I Am

I like myself the way I am.
I’m really glad I’m me.
In fact, I’m sure there’s no one else
on earth I’d rather be.

I’d rather not be someone else.
I wouldn’t want to switch,
unless they were more beautiful,
or powerful, or rich.

I only want to be myself.
To change would just be wrong,
except if they were super smart,
or muscular and strong.

Unless they were more talented,
or glamorous, or tall,
or popular, or interesting,
I’d never change at all.

Except if they were famous or
had won the lottery,
I’d like to stay the way I am.
I’m glad to just be me.

My Brother’s a Bother

My brother’s a bother.
My mother and father
say, “Don’t bother him
and he won’t bother you.”

But bugging my brother,
one way or another,
is one of the things that
I most like to do.

I like to annoy him.
I really enjoy him
whenever he’s yelling,
“You’re being a pest!”

My father and mother
say, “Don’t bug your brother!”
But bugging my brother
is what I do best.

It’s really exciting
whenever we’re fighting.
It’s awesome to argue
and never agree.

But I’ll have to quit it.
I hate to admit it,
but maybe the bothersome
brother is me.

My Cat Knows Karate

My cat knows karate.
My frog knows kung fu.
My poodle knows judo.
My turtle does too.

They all became black belts
by watching TV;
some Chuck Norris movies,
and films with Bruce Lee.

They liked learning lessons
from Jean-Claude Van Damme,
and acting like action-film star
Jackie Chan.

They practiced their punches,
their blocks, and their kicks
until they were masters
of martial arts tricks.

You’d think they’d be good now
at guarding our house,
but, yesterday morning,
they ran from my mouse.

My mouse is a crack-up.
I laughed at his prank.
Do you think it’s weird that
my mouse drives a tank?

Poems Writer Name Kenn Nesbitt
Copyrights by https://www.poetry4kids.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children Happy Birthday Song Poem | Nursery Rhymes and Children Songs | Kids Poem